Thursday 29 May 2008

Sarah Jessica Parker - Parker Press Attention Makes Me Feel Dirty

SARAH JESSICA PARKER feels like New York's "town trollop" because of the chaos caused by the paparazzi photographers who follow her every day.

The actress claims "thuggish" photographers have made a damaging and lasting impact on the lives of her family, and everyone they come into contact with.

She insists snappers have descended on her five-year-old son James Wilkie's school, leaving her embarrassed to face other parents. She even claims James, her son with actor husband Matthew Broderick, now covers his face when posing for family photos.

Parker tells New York magazine, "(It's a) culture of thuggery.

"I feel very ashamed. I feel like I'm, like, the town trollop. It makes me feel ashamed of my work. And I'm not. But I'm attached to this culture now in a way that it's kind of vulgar.

"And I feel cheapened. And I feel like I'm cheapening the school, like I'm bringing dirt; like I'm bad for the neighbourhood."




See Also